Wednesday 21 January 2015

No Trade, No Barter

"Golly, our Muna is dead o!" Tonye said.

"Yea, he's dead. I used to have a crush on him o, those days, you know?! Nawa for this life."

-------
It doesn't matter whether my teacher never believed in me, or whether I'm married or single.
It doesn't matter if I loved you and if you loved back
It doesn't  matter if I believe the Pope or the benevolence behind the oil price reduction
It doesn't matter if I earned a million or hustled the streets of Lagos till my last breath.

It matters what I did for those who in return could do nothing for me,
It matters whom and what I lived and died for,
It matters what made me wake and want to stay awake,
It matters what made me die and wish to never return

The hours we have, we give for happiness or fame or money
The money we get, we give for health, memories or possessions
The possessions we get, we protect with our blood, life and money
Whatever life gives, it takes. No trade, no barter.


3 comments:

  1. Whatever life gives, life takes... No trade no barter...! I love your writing style! #yolo

    ReplyDelete