Tuesday 2 December 2014

Airport Palava

The day would come when things would be done properly.
When the air conditioners at the airport will work 
When the operations manager would inform me before changing my flight schedule
And Barotoma would not deafen my ears
And fear will not seize my heart for the one hour I share with the clouds
That day will come

The day would come when plane crashes due to human error will not be a normal news headline
And the minister of aviation would not blame God
And the people will not blame the government
And the government will not blame the people
That day will come

The day will come when Nigerians will treat each other with respect
And the attendant on the booking desk will not attend to the white man,
(Who interrupts our discussion), in a locally acquired foreign accent,
With a smile which quickly becomes a frown when she turns back to me
The day will come when with love, things will be done properly


4 comments:

  1. loool! Don't hold your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you know what, I never believed the Nigerian movie industry had any hopes until I watched October 1!

    So inasmuch as we want to believe the situation is hopeless, we just might hold an oxygen mask..

    ReplyDelete