Monday 8 December 2014

It's None of My Business II


"Hi Remi, bawo ni? Its been long o. What are you doing here? What happened to your face?" I asked, half pretending not to know that her bobo worked in the same company as I.

"Nothing happened to my face. I fell down. Has Timi come to work this morning?" she asked as she held back tears.

"Not yet. Is everything..."

As Timi walked in, half heartedly answering the receptionist when Remi charged at him.

"Timi, so you knew you were HIV positive and still you made love to me without protection! So Mama B is actually your sugar mummy, I thought you said she was your Aunt. Hmmm, God will judge you o....God will...."

Remi broke down in tears, weeping uncontrollably. I didn't know whether to console her or whether to keep standing with my mouth agape.

I thought the worst had happened until Remi rushed to the bathroom to throw up.

__________

This gist would be whispered from office to office, from buka to buka and from state to state.

So, for the sake of it, be sure to tell whoever repeats this story to you that you've heard it before.

But more importantly, be sure to show that you have learnt, almost everything within your line of
sight is sort of your business.


Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment