Saturday 6 December 2014

It's None of My Business I

Part I


Things had changed between Remi and me. We used to be great friends until recently.

---------

You see, I'm one to always mind my business.

As a guy, Mama taught me early enough to always speak less and observe more. It was this advice I was following when I landed in trouble. What happened? Chill, I would give you the gist. 

Remi and I were in the same class in school. In fact, everyone thought we were dating at some point. However, she told me I was a "great" friend when I asked her out. Two weeks after my proposal, she started dating some cool guy like that who drove a Range Rover sport. To say I was pained is to underestimate what I went through. People said I should face my work and find a babe on my level. I wanted to tell them God will punish them but I held back, choosing to allow God sort me out.

Somehow, during youth service, I got to serve in this her bobo's company, an insurance firm in Abuja.  

----------
"Tony see, wahala dey o," I said

"What is it??"  replied Tony,

" Remi's bobo is a gigolo o! There is this married lady whom he is...you know..."

"Wow, you need to tell Remi...abi?"

"I would have, but you see, it's none of my business" 

-----
Maybe I should have made it my business, because when Remi found out, it was too late. Too late to ...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm.....feminny and her usual suspense...can't wait...

    ReplyDelete